- Develop a practice routine: Time management. Find a time JUST for orchestra! You can also practice with a friend!
- Practice in a quiet place. Try practicing outside! That is fun, too!
- Correct practice set-up: music stand, chair, pencil
- Warm-up: Scales, full-bow exercises
- Practice the HARD parts FIRST.
- Use pizzicato and bowing.
- Practice every day if possible, 20-30 minutes.
- Fill out and sign your practice sheets
- Remember practice sheet, music, books, equipment at lessons
- Remember your lesson day and time.
Practicing takes time and patience. You can do it! Stick with it!
Keep trying! Yes, it will get boring. But practice will make you better!
The more you practice, and the better you get, the more you like it!